What is stress? Most people think it is just something mental, but it effects us in so many ways. Physically, mentally, and emotionally and it causes the body to do things it would not normally do. And it can be traced back to emotions, negative emotions to be more specific. Stress is like an alarm system for your body to let you know when you have had an overwhelming amount of items to deal with. And most people will blame something outside of themselves, when it is really something internally they need to deal with. And there are thing that you can do to relieve that stress now. And you should.
Here are 5 tips to help relieve stress in your life:
1. Eliminate Unwanted Negative Influences: Stop watching social media, stop following the news.
2. Gratitude: Work to be grateful for everything you DO have.
3. Set Boundaries: stop allowing others to pile more onto your plate. It is okay to say no, and you don’t need to give a reason why.
4. Focus on Improving your Overall Health: Treat you body well, remember it is a sum total of the things you have done in over the past weeks, or months.
5. Awareness: Lastly awareness be on the look out for being overwhelmed, especially from the pressures that we put onto ourselves.