How Do You Know If You Need A Coach?
You will never know just how energized working with a Coach can make you, how sharp and productive you can be, and how much fun you can have in the process, until you have experienced it.
Think about it, has there ever been anything in your life you have made a sensible assessment of while standing on the outside, poking it with a stick?
It’s not possible to make a rational assessment of anything unless you engage with it, explore it, or try it on for size.
Even so, if you haven’t ever worked with a Coach, you may have some important questions about the process.
Here are some of the more common questions:
How do I know Coaching will work for me? You don’t. No two coaches are the same, no two clients are the same, and no two issues that can be resolved with Coaching expertise will be the same.
● Even if your 10 best friends rave about Coaching, you will never know for sure if it will work for you until you try it.
Can I afford a Coach? In order to answer this question, it’s important to look at the difference a Coach can make in your life or your business.
● For example, if your Coach was instrumental in boosting your income by $1000, $2000, or $3000 a month, would cost be an issue? What if your Coach was able to help you add $10,000 a month to your income?
● This example is not a rarity in Coaching. It happens every day all over the world. It happens to people in all walks of life, in all kinds of different circumstances. It can happen to you too, but you have to make a decision and take action to make it happen.
How can I find the right Coach for me? Exactly the same way you found the right house, the right car, and even the right spouse! You went looking! Nobody knocked on your door with the perfect car, house or wife, did they? Nobody is going to come knocking with the perfect Coach either.
● To get started, determine your criteria for a Coach. Use your contacts to find some referrals.
● You’ll know the right Coach by how you feel about them AFTER you’ve had some interaction with them, not before.
Will a Coach be able to help me? To help you answer this question, find a Coach and talk with them. Find out what the Coach is like, ask them how they like to work, find out if they are familiar with people in your kind of circumstances, and ask them what they could do to help you.
● Maybe the first Coach you talk to would be ideal for you. Maybe it’s Coach number 5.
● One thing you can be absolutely sure of, is that there are Coaches who can help you and there are Coaches who have dealt with similar circumstances to yours many times. You just need to find them!
The Bottom Line
Those who hire Coaches are strong-minded characters. They’re going places and getting things done. They might not always know exactly where they are going or exactly what it is they plan to do, but they have a sense of purpose and a commitment to themselves that can be amplified considerably by working with a Coach.
That is why they hire a Coach, to get more out of themselves than they ever thought possible by working on their own.
Ask anyone who has had a great Coach for any length of time if they could have done it on their own, without the help of a personal Coach, and watch their face light up as they tell you it was the very best decision they ever made. Do your research and you can find one like this too!